The DSC repository stores all DSA data, including configuration definitions and settings, job definitions, job status, and job history. Protecting the data in the DSC repository is critical. Without the DSC repository, database backup data sets cannot be restored.
Back up the DSC repository every day after all of the daily database backup jobs have completed. The DSC backup data set must also be included in the disaster recovery and data protection policies of the organization. This includes any vaulting or off-site storage of backup datasets.
- Configure a target group for your DSC repository backup.
- Preferred is to schedule a DSC repository backup using one of the following methods:
- Back up the repository to the landing zone and store the boostrap_backupid.out in a safe known location to be imported back into DSC in case of a disaster.
- If you do not schedule the backups automatically, manually back up the repository using one of these methods:
- BAR Portlet: Backing Up the Repository Manually (Portlets)
- Command Line: Backing Up the DSC Repository with the Command Line