As of DSA 15.10, jobs are always submitted with the Nowait option set to true for offline backups and restores. For offline backups and restores, the locking process will do the following:
- Try to lock all the objects in the job plan.
- If DSMain cannot get the lock, it will do the following:
- Return the list of objects that had lock conflicts to DSC. The job_status_log can be used to display the objects with lock conflicts.
- Release the locks on those objects with lock conflicts, to ensure the locks are released in the event of a deadlock.
- Resubmit the lock statement for the objects with lock conflicts and wait indefinitely for the lock. This lock statement also indicates the objects that had a lock conflict when the lock statement was submitted the first time.