Use these steps to create a standard CBB restore job. For IR-enabled restores, see Using Incremental Restore to Maintain Your DR System.
- Open the BAR Operations portlet.
- From the Saved Jobs view, do one of the following:
Option Description Create a new job
- Click New Job.
- Select Restore as the job type and click OK.
Create a job from an existing job
- Click next to a backup job that has completed.
- Select Create Restore Job to create a restore job from the selected save set.
Create a job from migrated job metadataMigrated job metadata results when tapes and metadata information that pointed to a specific backup job were migrated from one DSA environment to a different one.
- Click next to a migrated job.
- Select Create Restore Job to create a restore job from the selected migrated job.
- Under New Restore Job enter a unique Job Name.
- To change the save set, click Edit, select Specify a version, and select the save set to use.If the selected job is retired, the version information is not selectable.
- Select the Destination System and enter the Credentials for it.The password is applied to all jobs associated with this system and user account.
- Select the Target Group.
- [Optional] Add a job description.
- To change the objects selected, clear the checkboxes and select others in the Objects tab.
- If you have created a backup job on the TD_SERVER_DB database, and the job contains a SQL-H object, you can map the restore job to a different database:
- Select the SQL-H object in the Objects tab.
- Click next to the SQL-H object.
- In the Settings box, map the restore job to a different database.
- [Optional] Select Selection Summary to verify the selected objects..Size information is not available for DBC only backup jobs. N/A displays as the size value for DBC only backup jobs.
- [Optional] To adjust job settings for the job, select the Job Settings tab.
Settings can include specifying whether a job continues or aborts if an access rights violation is encountered on an object.
- [Teradata Database 16.20 Update 1 and later] Fallback cannot be disabled. Checkbox is ignored.
- [Prior versions of Teradata Database] Disable fallback is not available unless Run as copy is checked. The icon appears when the mouse pointer is hovered over the checkbox.
- Click Save.
- To run the newly created restore job, in the Saved Jobs view:
- Click next to a job.
- Select Run.