Before you can configure the Data Stream Controller (DSC) to prepare for backup and restore, you must have an Analytics Database / Teradata Database instance and the DSC set up in AWS. See the Teradata® VantageCloud Enterprise on AWS (DIY) Installation and Administration Guide, B035-2800, Planning Worksheet for Vantage on AWS (DIY) section and follow those instructions to launch Teradata instances and configure the DSC in AWS.
- Select a database instance that includes the DSC AMI
- S3 storage is recommended with Teradata DSC
- Initializing a DSC Instance
- Configuring and Initializing ClientHandler on Vantage Nodes
- Configuring Additional EBS Storage for a DSC Instance
- Configuring BAR Portlets on a Viewpoint Instance