Before starting the synchronization service for the first time, the active and standby repositories need to be synchronized. If not synchronized, the standby may not function correctly after being switched to active mode.
When the Sync service is enabled, make sure customer port 25368 is open on the Data Mover TMS.
Mention of nn.nn in any filepath refers to the major and minor version numbers of Data Mover.
- Check the current configuration settings on the original-active server:/opt/teradata/client/nn.nn/datamover/failover/dmcluster statusIf automatic failover is not configured, an exception is returned.
- Stop the monitoring service on the active and standby monitoring systems if failover was previously configured for the systems:/opt/teradata/client/nn.nn/datamover/failover/dmcluster stopmonitor
- Check for any jobs that are running:datamove list_jobs -status_mode rWait for any running jobs to complete. You can also stop the running jobs and run cleanup:datamove stop -job_name [job-name]datamove cleanup -job_name [job-name]
- Shut down the synchronization system on the standby system:/opt/teradata/datamover/sync/nn.nn/dmsync stop
- Shut down the synchronization system on the active system:/opt/teradata/datamover/sync/nn.nn/dmsync stop
- Shut down the daemon if it is running on the standby system:/etc/init.d/dmdaemon stop
- Log on to bteq on active repository and verify that the dmAuditlog table has no rows. Run SQL 'select count * from datamover.dmauditlog;. If row count is greater than 0, delete the rows by running SQL delete from datamover.dmauditlog;
- Start the Data Mover services on the active system and wait two minutes until the services start:/etc/init.d/tdactivemq start/etc/init.d/dmagent start/etc/init.d/dmdaemon start
- Backup the active repository:datamove backup_daemonA folder with script files is generated in the /var/opt/teradata/datamover/daemon_backup directory. Once Triggers.sql is generated, check the backup_script.output and BackupTriggers.out for any possible errors.To confirm processing is complete, run the ls -al commands one after another to see if there are any changes to the file sizes.
- Copy the folder from the active to the standby system, as in the following example:scp -r /var/opt/teradata/datamover/daemon_backup_2016-07-05_13.22.41 secondary_system:/var/opt/teradata/datamover/daemon_backup/
- Shut down the daemon service on the active system:/etc/init.d/dmdaemon stop
- Start the Data Mover services on the standby systems and wait two minutes until the services start:/etc/init.d/tdactivemq start/etc/init.d/dmagent start/etc/init.d/dmdaemon start
- Change the owner of folders and files that were copied over to dmuser, as in the following example:chown dmuser /var/opt/teradata/daemon_backupchown dmuser /var/opt/teradata/daemon_backup_2016_07-05_13.22.41chown dmuser /var/opt/teradata/daemon_backup_2016_07-05_13.22.41/*
- Change the permissions of the files and folders that were copied over to 755, as shown in the following example:chmod 755 /var/opt/teradata/daemon_backupchmod 755 /var/opt/teradata/daemon_backup_2016_07-05_13.22.41chmod 755 /var/opt/teradata/daemon_backup_2016_07-05_13.22.41/*
- Import the data of the active system repository into the standby system repository by running the restore_daemon command, as shown in the following example: datamove restore_daemon -backup_target_dir /var/opt/teradata/datamover/daemon_backup/dm_myhostname_16.20.23.00_2016-07-05_13.22.41To check if the file sizes within this directory are changing or new files are still be created, use the ls -al command. To check for any errors, use the temp*.out and restore_script.output commands.
- Check for and remove any files that were generated previously by the synchronization system from both the active and all standby systems. These files are created under the path specified by the sql.log.directory property in the sync.properties file.cd /var/opt/teradata/datamover/logs/rm dmSyncMaster.jsonrm slave_*.lastreadrm dmSyncSlave.jsonrm slave_*.lastExecuted
- Shut down the daemon and ActiveMQ on the standby system:/etc/init.d/dmdaemon stop/etc/init.d/tdactivemq stop
- Remove the auditLogPosition.txt (if exists) from the active and standby system:rm/var/opt/teradata/datamover/logs/auditLogPosition.txt