- In the /etc/opt/teradata/datamover/apiconfig.xml file, edit the host and port properties for the location of the Resilient Publisher.
- Run the list_configuration command to output a configuration file.
Set the appropriate values for the configuration settings for your site.
Parameter Description Default tmsm.frequency.bytes Controls the frequency, in number of bytes/MB/GB, of job progress events sent to Teradata Ecosystem Manager.Using a low value can hurt performance. The recommendation is to use the default value. 2147483647 tmsm.mode Controls how Data Mover directs Teradata Ecosystem Manager messages.Valid Values:
When set to:
- BOTH, messages are sent to the Teradata Ecosystem Manager system and written to the table-driven interface event tables.
- ONLY_INTERNAL_TMSM, Data Mover only writes messages to the TMSMEVENT table defined by the table-driven interface.
- ONLY_REAL_TMSM, Data Mover only sends messages to the Teradata Ecosystem Manager system.
If Data Mover cannot send events to the real Teradata Ecosystem Manager product then those events will be stored in a store.dat file located in the opt/teradata/client/em/dataStore/store.dat directory. If the value for tmsm.mode is BOTH or ONLY_REAL_TMSM, and Data Mover cannot send events to the real Teradata Ecosystem Manager product, then the store.dat file can grow to be very large. To prevent the store.dat file from taking up too much disk space on the Data Mover multi-purpose server, change the value for tmsm.mode to ONLY_INTERNAL_TMSM or NONE, or make sure Data Mover can send events to the real Teradata Ecosystem Manager product.
For more information about Teradata Ecosystem Manager, see the Teradata® Ecosystem Manager User Guide.