Teradata Data Stream Architecture (DSA) is bundled in two components: Data Stream Utility (DSU) and Data Stream Extensions (DSE).
- DSE supports third-party backup applications such as Symantec NetBackup.
- DSU supports backup solutions, including disk file systems, EMC Data Domain DD Boost storage devices, AWS S3 (including Snowball) and Azure Blob storage, but not third-party backup applications.
New features for DSA 16.10 include the following:
- Support for Teradata MAPS Architecture allows you to back up objects from one map and restore them to another.
- Nodes are now automatically discovered and configured.
- A remote file target group that expands and shrinks when a database system unfolds or folds is automatically created on a system that has ClientHandler installed on all the nodes.