When upgrading the Teradata Database software, you should monitor system behavior to make sure the upgrade is producing the expected performance increases.
- Recollect statistics for the existing configuration if they are not current.
- Create a baseline test suite.
- Run the baseline on the system before the upgrade.
- Save the EXPLAINs for the base queries.
- Run the test bed again after the upgrade, and get new EXPLAINs.
- Compare the two EXPLAINS.
- Check for faster/slower response on any of the test queries. If slower, look at the before and after EXPLAIN.Check the statistics.
- If stale, recollect.
- If not, report this as a performance regression problem to Teradata Support immediately.
Performing these simple activities, even with a small group of queries (5-10 minimum are recommended), will help validate your performance results and expectations following any sort of important system change.