||Reflected schema changes in several DBQL topics:
- Updated the instructions and examples in Shredding the Data in the DBQLXMLLockTbl.
- Replaced Output of Shredding.
- Added a new topic: Investigating Deadlocks: Querying Shredded_LockTbl.
||Added these tables generated by LockLogShredder.SP_CreateTable() to the DBQL chapter:
- Shredded_LockTbl (blocking transaction lock shredding target table)
- Shredded_TransTbl (blocked transaction lock shredding target table)
||Made the following changes for this release:
- Added a chapter Using Maps to Position Table Data across AMPs.
- Added an appendix TDMaps Databases and Views.
- Added MAPS-related examples to Example Requests for Space Information.
- Removed almost all content about the Archive/Restore utility, which is not compatible with Teradata Database MAPS Architecture.
- Rewrote discussions of account strings to reflect current usage recommendations for SLES 11 systems and to explain that TASM workload classification normally assigns priorities to requests instead of account strings.
- Removed obsolete references to performance groups.
- Renamed Unity Director to Teradata Unity.
- Clarified an IN LIST maximum in the limits appendix.
- Removed some TASM topics that are explained more completely in
Teradata Workload Management User Guide, B035-1197.
||Added the following changes for this release:
- Users can set a different query band value for a session or transaction than the value in a profile.
- DBAs can prevent a user with a certain profile from setting specific query band values.
- Users can obtain complete information about view columns via DBC.ColumnsQV[X] or DBC. ColumnsJQV[X].
- Global Space Accounting.
- The Flex Throttle field appears in DBQLogTbl and QryLogV.
- Release 16.0 changes to the DBQL Data Dictionary tables and views.
- DBQL feature use logging.
- Load isolation enhancements.
- DBAs can load unsupported Unicode characters with Unicode Pass Through.
- An archived table can adopt the system-level block-level compression values from the target system.
- 1 MB PERM and Response Rows.
- The maximum number of fields in a USING row descriptor is now 2,536.
- A BLC table archived to a new system can either keep the original compression values or inherit the default compression values of the target system.
Removed the following references to products that are no longer supported:
- Teradata Meta Data Services.
- Teradata Administrator. Replaced those with references to Teradata Studio and BTEQ.