A Teradata Viewpoint alert is based on:
- A threshold specified for a monitoring parameter, for example, when a database exceeds 95% space usage.
- The time period during which the parameter must be over threshold to invoke the alert.
- The name of an Action Set, for example, the alert notification, which defines who should receive the alert, and how the message is delivered.
- A message that the system delivers to the list of users defined in the Action Set, if the threshold and time criteria are met.
To configure a sample alert:
- From the Teradata Viewpoint main portal, select .
- From the Setup menu, select Alerts, and then configure an alert.
For example, you might configure a System Health alert that sends a message if the system is down, similar to the following example.
- Check the Enabled box and click Apply.
See Teradata Viewpoint User Guide for details and options.