If you need to flush DBQL caches more quickly than the time defined by DBQLFlushRate, either:
- Issue the FLUSH QUERY LOGGING request:
where flush_option can be:
Option Name Table Cache Flushed ALLDBQL DBQLogTbl, DBQLSQLTbl, DBQLStepTbl, DBQLObjTbl, DBQLXMLTbl, DBQLExplainTbl, DBQLXMLLockTbl, and DBQLParamTbl DEFAULT DBQLogTbl EXPLAIN DBQLExplainTbl LOCK DBQLXMLLockTbl OBJECTS DBQLObjTbl PARAMINFO DBQLParamTbl SQL DBQLSQLTbl STEPINFO DBQLStepTbl SUMMARY DBQLSummaryTbl XMLPLAN DBQLXMLTbl
- Requires the EXECUTE privilege on DBC.DBQLAccessMacro
- Is valid in BTET (Teradata) mode only
- Cannot be part of a multi-statement request
- Cannot be used in a stored procedure This request is especially recommended when a system is not busy and caches are not filling up and written to Data Dictionary tables as frequently.
This request can also flush Teradata dynamic workload management software caches. Only the DBQL options are described here. For the Teradata dynamic workload management software options, see SQL Data Definition Language Syntax and Examples.
- Or reset the value in the DBQLFlushRate to a faster rate.Changes to DBQLFlushRate also causes the summary/threshold cache to flush, which causes the summary/threshold collection time interval to change.