To establish users for the first time, perform all the tasks in this chapter completely and in the order presented.
- Group potential database users by functional group and determine database access needs. See Assessing Database User Needs.
- Set up accounts to track resource usage and assign workload priorities. See Creating User Accounts.
- Set up profiles to define resources, account assignments, and password control parameters for groups of users. See Creating User Profiles.
- Create database users and assign profiles, space and accounts. See Working with Database Users.
- Create roles to define privileges for users groups and grant role membership to users. See Using Roles to Manage User Privileges.
- Grant additional privileges that are not suitable for role assignment directly to users. See Granting Privileges Directly To Users.