Name of the trigger being created or replaced.
For information about naming database objects, see SQL Fundamentals, B035-1141.
A trigger_name must be unique within the database in which it is created.
- An optional qualifier if the trigger is being created in a database other than the default for the current user.
- Keyword that enables a trigger to execute.
- ENABLED is the default.
- Keyword that disables a trigger from executing.
- The definition of a disabled trigger remains is not dropped, but it must be enabled before it can execute (see ALTER TRIGGER).
- Specifies that the trigger performs before the triggering event, or triggering statement, is executed.
- A BEFORE row trigger cannot have data-changing statements as triggered action SQL statements.
- A BEFORE statement trigger is not valid under any circumstances.
- Teradata Database returns an error message in both cases.
- The trigger performs after the triggering event.