This clause is mandatory for overloaded method_names, but is otherwise optional and can only be specified once per method definition.
- Specific name for the method.
- For information about naming database objects, see SQL Fundamentals, B035-1141.
- This name is stored in DBC.TVM as the name of the method database object.
- If the UDF library for your database contains any objects with multibyte characters in their name, you cannot use a single-byte session character set to create a new UDF, UDT, or method, even if the new object name contains only single-byte characters. Otherwise, Teradata Database returns an error to the requestor. Instead, use a multibyte session character set.
- Unlike method_name, specific_method_name must be unique within SYSUDTLIB.
Example: Replacing a Method Definition Using Its Specific Method Name
The following example replaces the existing method with the specific method name polygon_mbr with a new definition.
REPLACE SPECIFIC METHOD SYSUDTLIB.polygon_mbr EXTERNAL 'CO!C:\sys\spatial.lib!CO!C:\udt_lib\polymbr.obj!F!toUS'