For more information about:
- Using primary indexes to enhance the performance of your databases, see Database Design, B035-1094.
- Distribution and retrieval of the data controlled using the Teradata Database hashing algorithm, see “Row Hash and RowID.”
- Partitioning considerations, including information on column partitioning, called Teradata Columnar, see Database Design, B035-1094, SQL Data Definition Language - Syntax and Examples, B035-1144, and SQL Data Manipulation Language , B035-1146 .
- Details on all the restrictions that apply to primary indexes and partitioned primary indexes, see CREATE TABLE in SQL Data Definition Language - Syntax and Examples, B035-1144.
- Criteria for selecting a primary index, see Database Design, B035-1094.