Specifies the combined number of FastLoad, MultiLoad, and FastExport tasks (jobs) that are allowed to run concurrently on Teradata Database.
This field is ignored if the throttles category set in the Teradata Viewpoint Workload Designer portlet is enabled.
Changes Take Effect
After the DBS Control Record has been written.
If MaxLoadTasks is set to 0, no load utilities can be started.
The MaxLoadTasks field works together with the MaxLoadAWT field to limit the number of concurrent load utilities allowed to run:
- If MaxLoadAWT is zero (the default):
- MaxLoadTasks can be an integer from zero through 15.
- The MaxLoadTasks field specifies the maximum number of combined FastLoad, MultiLoad, and FastExport jobs that can run concurrently.
- The system does not consider the number of available AWTs when limiting the number of load utilities that can run concurrently.
- If MaxLoadAWT is greater than zero:
- MaxLoadTasks is an integer from zero through 30.
- The MaxLoadTasks field sets the maximum number of combined FastLoad and MultiLoad jobs that can run concurrently. MaxLoadTasks does not directly limit the number of FastExport jobs that can run.
- The number of combined FastLoad and MultiLoad jobs that can run concurrently is limited by the values of both the MaxLoadTasks field and the MaxLoadAWT field. When either limit is met, no further FastLoad or MultiLoad jobs are allowed to start until the limiting factor is reduced.
- The maximum number of load utility jobs of any type—FastLoad, MultiLoad, or FastExport—that can run concurrently is 60. Consequently, the number of FastExport jobs allowed to run at any time is 60 minus the number of combined FastLoad and MultiLoad jobs that are running.
For example, if the sum of currently running FastLoad and MultiLoad jobs is 29, the number of FastExport jobs that can be started is 31 (60 minus 29), regardless of the MaxLoadAWT and MaxLoadTasks settings.
- If MaxLoadAWT is set to anything greater than zero, it can only be reset to zero if MaxLoadTasks is 15 or less.
this is where the conref to cc_Utilities_About_AWTs.dita belongs
|For more information on...||See...|
|Load utilities (MultiLoad, FastLoad, FastExport, and Teradata Parallel Transporter)||Teradata MultiLoad Reference, Teradata FastLoad Reference, Teradata FastExport Reference, Teradata Parallel Transporter User Guide.|