The HELP command provides general help for Ferret or detailed help if you specify an option or parameter.
- Long form of a help display, showing parameter descriptions in addition to command syntax.
- If you do not type /L, Ferret assumes the short form of the help display, which shows command syntax only.
- Available help for all Ferret commands and parameters.
- This is the default.
- Ferret command or parameter name.
- A list of all keywords for which help is available.
Example: Ferret HELP command
The following is an example of output that HELP generates:
Ferret ==> Help /L Radix RADIX [ ( IN/PUT | OUT/PUT ) ] [ ( H/EX | D/EC ) ] Sets the Flags for how to treat Unqualified numbers. Either Hex (base 16) or Decimal (Base 10), respectively. See HELP NUMBER for a description of unqualified INPUT. The initial setting of these Flags is HEX. If neither INPUT nor OUTPUT is specified,the command applies to both Flags. If neither HEX nor DEC is specified, the current setting of the Flag is displayed.