The ENABLE TRACE command turns on session tracing. The command records internal gateway events.
Session tracing may contain some of these elements:
- Session number (if available)
- Associated file description (if available)
- One or more of these events:
- Logged on
- Logged off
- Logoff forced (Teradata Database system killed session)
- Logon failed (usually caused by invalid password)
- Network address of the originating network-attached host
By default, tracing is disabled. After a Teradata Database system restart, tracing enabled earlier using the ENABLE TRACE command is continued.
Before using the ENABLE TRACE command, you must select the host group from which the session is running using the SELECT HOST command. For information, see SELECT HOST.
The trace file is a text file, which can be viewed by any tool that displays text. The trace information is the same trace information controlled by Gateway Control, and is logged to the same files.
Example: Enabling session event tracing
To turn on session event tracing, type: