The SET RESTART command sets the restart type to use during the next restart of the system.
- Specifies the type of restart to perform:
- COLD indicates a full restart, including the database (DBS) component, however, transaction recovery will be deferred.
- COLDWAIT indicates a full restart, however, DBS startup will be deferred until transaction recovery is complete.
- If you do not specify a RestartKind, the current system setting is used.
- For additional information, see RESTART.
This function does not force an immediate database restart.
Example: Setting the restart type
Enter a command, HELP or QUIT: SET RESTART = COLDWAIT The System RestartKind has been set to COLDWAIT.