- Click next to Tables.
- Click Bulk Assign Validation.
- Click .
Select the box next to each database and table to bulk assign validation, and then click .
The selected tables appear on the right side.
- Click OK.
Click the scheduler to enter the Validation Frequency.
- Select the how often to repeat the validation.
- Select the day to start the validation on.
- Select the time to start the validation.
- Click OK.
- Enter the WHERE clause.
Enter the Validation Expression or select the Row count flag box if you want to compare the number of rows in tables across Teradata Databases.
For table validation on Hadoop or Aster systems, the validation expression technique is not available. The field Hadoop rowcount column is applicable for table validation involving a Hadoop system.
[Optional] If you check the Row count flag, choose how to define validation failure.
- Use base tables rules. Base table rules are global rules defined in the Manage Synchronization Rules view.
- Use a custom rule to enter the limit for the row count difference across systems. You can enter a whole number or a percent value with decimals. For example, 1,200, 10% or 5.23% are acceptable.
- Set up an alert if validation fails.
[Optional] Check freeze and activate Unity-managed tables when the bulk validation runs.
See About Table Validation for information on this feature.
- Click Apply.