- Click Tables.
- Click the name of the table you want to validate.
- Click the Validation tab.
- Click next to Workflow Validation.
[Optional] Click to schedule the workflow validation.
For example, you can assign the validation to occur the first day of every month at 12 am.
[Optional] Enter a statement in the WHERE clause to define partial table validation.
Use the Where Clause Helper to select columns:
For example, to include only rows that are more than or equal to 100 in column_01, the statement is: column_01>=100
- Click to see a list of column names, and then select a column. Use the control or shift key to select multiple columns.
- Click to insert the columns into the Where Clause.
Select one or both of the table validation techniques:
Validation Technique Description Row Count flag Select the Row count flag box to verify whether the row count of a table matches across the Teradata Database. Validation Expression Enter a custom table validation expression (up to 500 characters). You can use the Validation Expression Helper:
For table validation on Hadoop systems, refer to Adding a Hadoop Table Validation.
- Click next to Validation Expression.
- Select a function.
- Select a column. Use the control or shift key to select multiple columns.
- Click to insert the column.
[Optional] If you check the Row count flag, choose how to define validation failure.
- Use base tables rules. Base table rules are global rules defined in the Manage Synchronization Rules view.
- Use a custom rule to enter the limit for the row count difference across systems. You can enter a whole number or a percent value with decimals. For example, 1,200, 10% or 5.23% are acceptable.
- Set up an alert if validation fails.
[Optional] Check freeze and activate Unity-managed tables when the validation runs.
See About Table Validation for information on this feature.
[Optional] Override default system selections and credentials.
This allows you to enter a different database user.
Click Test to verify the validation.
Test is not available for table validation involving Hadoop or Aster systems.
- Click Apply for changes to take effect.