When Teradata FastLoad is invoked, the utility executes the Teradata FastLoad commands and Teradata SQL statements in the Teradata FastLoad job script. These direct Teradata FastLoad to perform the following tasks:
- Log on to the database for a specified number of sessions, using username, password, and tdpid/acctid information.
- Load the input data into the Teradata FastLoad table on the database.
- Log off from the database.
- If the load operation was successful, return the following information about the Teradata FastLoad operation and then terminate:
- Total number of records read, skipped, and sent to the database
- Number of errors posted to the Teradata FastLoad error tables
- Number of inserts applied
- Number of duplicate rows