This section covers Teradata FastLoad’s data transfer capabilities.
On workstation-attached workstations, Teradata FastLoad uses the TCP/IP network protocol for all data transfer operations.
- A multi-volume data set or file
- A number of single-volume data sets or files in separate Teradata FastLoad jobs
Serial Teradata FastLoad operations can be restarted by loading the next tape in a series instead of beginning with the first tape in a set.
- Uses multiple Teradata sessions, at one session per AMP, to transfer data
- Transfers multiple rows of data within a single message
- There is no journaling or fallback data
- The secondary indexes cannot be defined