The BEGIN LOADING command:
- Identifies the Teradata FastLoad table to receive data transferred from a data source on the client computer.
- Specifies the names of the two error tables.
- Starts a new Teradata FastLoad job or restarts a job that has been paused.
- Locks the tables specified in the command so that users cannot access them until an END LOADING command is executed. (After the end loading phase completes, any user with the appropriate privileges can access these tables.)
- Indicates how often checkpoints are taken.
- Identifies the presence of null indicators.