As a set of application programming interfaces used to load into, and export data from, the database, Teradata PT enables an application to access the database using proprietary Teradata load and export protocols, including:
- FastLoad protocol
- FastExport protocol
- MultiLoad protocol
Starting in Teradata PT 17.20:
- Teradata PT (script-based and Easy Loader and TPTAPI) is only 64-bit for the following operating systems:
- IBM AIX
- Teradata PT is only 32-bit for the z/OS operating system.
- Starting in 17.20, 32-bit TPTAPI is no longer supported for the Windows operating system.
- On z/OS platform, Teradata PT is available in the following two variants:
- Teradata Director Program (TDP)
- Mainframe Cloud-Network Connectivity (Gateway)
For more information on the two variants, see “Teradata PT Variants on z/OS” in Teradata® Parallel Transporter Reference (B035-2436).