When you use the Export operator in a Teradata PT job, the Export operator does the following:
- Logs on to the Teradata Database, using your user name, password, Teradata Database, and account ID information specified in the job script.
- Sends the SELECT request in the SelectStmt attribute information and retrieve the exported data from the Teradata Database.
- Logs off from the Teradata Database.
- If the Export operator job is successful, the job completes and returns information about the job, such as:
- Total number of records exported from the Teradata Database.
- Records exported by each instance.
- If the job is unsuccessful, the job terminates and provides information about the job so that you can correct any problem and restart the job.