Consider the following:
- To generate and use a notify exit routine with Teradata PT on a Windows client system, the routine must meet the following requirements:
- Written in C
- The _dynamn entry point is __declspec
- Saved as a dynamic-link library (DLL) file
- To generate an INMOD or notify exit routine on a network-attached Windows
client, do the following:
- Edit the routine source file and ensure that the dynamn is named "__declspec."
- Create a dynamic link library by entering the following
command (in Microsoft C compiler syntax) where sourcefilename is the name of your INMOD or notify exit routine
cl /DWIN32 /LD sourcefilename
This command produces a file with the same name as the source file, but with a .dll file extension.
- To use a compiler other than the Microsoft C compiler the documentation for that compiler for instructions on creating .dll files.
For sample scripts that generate INMOD and notify exit routines the following examples.