When you use the SQL Inserter operator in a Teradata PT job, it does the following:
- Log on to the Teradata Database, using your user name, password, Teradata Database, and account ID information specified in the job script.
- Load the data from the Teradata PT data stream into a target table specified in the SQL INSERT statement defined in the Teradata PT APPLY statement.
Only one INSERT statement is allowed to be specified in the APPLY statement. If more than one INSERT statement is found in the APPLY statement, the SQL Inserter operator will issue an error message to both console and private logs and terminate the job.
- Log off from the session with the Teradata Database.
- If the SQL Inserter operator job is successful, terminate the job and report the total number of records successfully sent to the Teradata Database.
- If the job is unsuccessful, terminate the job and provide information about the job so that you can correct any problem and restart the job.