The values that you specify with the Update operator MinSessions and MaxSessions attributes are not the only factors that limit the number of sessions that the Update operator establishes with the Teradata Database. The other limiting factors are:
- The Teradata Database limit of one session per available AMP
- The platform limit on the maximum number of sessions per application.
- On network-attached client systems for UNIX, Linux, and Windows systems, this value is defined in the COP Interface software file, clispb.dat, under the max_num_sess variable.
- On mainframe-attached z/OS client systems, this value is defined in the HSHSPB parameter under the IBCSMAX setting.
- On mainframe-attached z/OS client system, use the TDP SET MAXSESSIONS command to specify a platform limit.
- The limit of the network protocol software on network-attached systems
When the Update operator executes, the actual session limit is determined by the first limiting factor that is encountered.