When you use the Update operator in a Teradata PT job, each parallel instance of the Update operator:
- Log on to the Teradata Database, using your user name, password, Teradata Database, and account ID information specified in the job script.
- Loads the data from the Teradata PT data streams into the Teradata Database.
- Logs off from the Teradata Database.
- If the Update operator job is successful, terminates the job and provides information about the job in the log or to the user, such as:
- Total number of records sent to the Teradata Database
- Number of errors posted to the error tables
- Number of Inserts, Updates, and Deletes applied
- A status code indicating the success of the job
- If the job is unsuccessful, terminate the job and provide information about the job so that you can correct any problem and restart the job.