When running Insert, Update, Delete, or Upsert requests, errors can occur due to missing or duplicate rows. When errors occur, the request is rolled back and the error is normally reported. Use the APPLY statement to specify how to handle this type of error:
- MARK means the error is to be captured and recorded.
- IGNORE means the error is not to be recorded.
Specify whether errors are marked or ignored with the following in mind:
- DUPLICATE INSERT ROWS means an attempt to insert a duplicate row.
- DUPLICATE UPDATE ROWS means an update will result in a duplicate row.
- MISSING DELETE ROWS means an attempt to delete a row that is missing.
- MISSING UPDATE ROWS means an attempt to update a row that is missing.