Use a TPT script with multiple job steps to accomplish the following tasks:
- Create a new table in the Teradata Database.
- Read data from a Hadoop table and write data to the newly created Teradata Database table.
Data Flow Diagram
The following figure shows a flow diagram of the elements in Job Example 11.
For the sample script that corresponds to this job, see the following script in the sample/userguide directory:
PTS00030: Loading Hadoop Tables Using the TDCH-TPT Interface.
In the first job step, this script uses:
- DDL operator because it can DROP/CREATE tables prior to loading.
In the second job step, this script uses:
- DataConnector operator as the producer operator because it can read data from Hadoop tables via the TDCH-TPT interface.
- Load operator template as the consumer because it is the consumer operator that offers the best performance for high speed writing of a large number of rows into an empty Teradata Database table.