Read data directly from non-Teradata source files, or from an access module, and perform INSERT, DELETE, and UPDATE operations on multiple Teradata Database tables. The loading part of this job is equivalent to the most common use of the Teradata MultiLoad utility.
Data Flow Diagrams
The following figures show diagrams of the job elements for the two variations of Job Example 2.
For the sample scripts that correspond to the two variations this job, see the following scripts in the sample/userguide directory:
- PTS00004: Reading Data Direct from Source Files and Performing an UPSERT on the Teradata Database Tables.
- PTS00005: Reading Data from a Named Pipe and Performing an UPSERT on Multiple Teradata Database Tables.
This job uses:
- DDL operator because it can DROP/CREATE target tables and DROP work tables.
- DataConnector operator because it is the only producer operator that reads data from non-Teradata, non-ODBC data sources and from Named Pipes.
- Update operator as the consumer operator because it can perform INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE operations into either new or pre-existing Teradata Database tables.