Read data from external source files and pre-process it with an INMOD routine before loading it into Teradata Database tables. There are two variations of this job:
- Bulk loading of the data using the Load operator (FastLoad protocol).
- Using the data to perform an INSERT using the Update operator (MultiLoad protocol).
Data Flow Diagram
The following figure shows a diagram of the job elements for Job Example 4.
For the sample scripts that correspond to the two variations this job, see the following scripts in the sample/userguide directory:
- PTS00007: Pre-processing Data with an INMOD Routine Before Loading It into an Empty Teradata Database Table (FastLoad Protocol).
- PTS00008: Pre-processing Data with an INMOD Routine Before Loading It into Teradata Database Tables (MultiLoad Protocol).
The job uses:
- The producer for this job can be either:
- FastLoad INMOD Adapter operator because it is the only operator that can read data from an INMOD routine that was written for the FastLoad protocol.
- MultiLoad INMOD Adapter operator because it is the only operator that can read data from an INMOD routine that was written for the MultiLoad protocol
- The consumer operator for this job can be either:
- The Load operator because it offers the best performance for high speed inserting of a large number of rows into empty Teradata Database tables (FastLoad protocol).
- The Update operator because it can perform INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE operations on up to 5 new or pre-existing Teradata Database tables (MultiLoad protocol).