- The Target Table and/or Source Table must exist in a Teradata Database. Easy Loader does not support table creation.
- If loading data from a flat file into a Teradata Database, the file data records must match the schema of the target table.
- If loading data from a table into another table, the schema of the source table must be compatible with the schema of the target table.Currently, supported source/target combinations are:
- Flat File → Teradata Table
- Teradata Table → Teradata Table
- Teradata Table → Flat File
The option --InsertStmt can be used to provide a user-defined Insert statement to be used with the loader operator, which would then allow for the data coming from the producer to be sent selectively and in a different order than how it is defined in the source schema.