Use the Update operator with the DeleteTask attribute to delete data from the Teradata Database. The Update operator functions as either a standalone or a consumer operator, depending on whether or not data is required to complete the deletion.
- The DeleteTask feature may not be used on a database view.
- Only one special session will be connected.
- Only one instance may be specified.
- Only one DML group may be specified.
- Only one DML DELETE statement in the DML group may be specified.
- Only one target table may be specified.
- The first of the error tables (the acquisition error table) is not used and is ignored.
- Only one data record may be provided if using a WHERE clause. For example, you can send more than one row to the data stream (from the producer operator), but only the first one is used.
For further information on use of the DELETE task with a standalone Update operator, see Teradata Parallel Transporter Reference (B035-2436).