Auto install only works if QueryGrid Manager has a direct network connection to the nodes. If there is no connectivity, use the Adding Nodes Manually method.
If proxy support is enabled, you must install the nodes that have connectivity to QueryGrid Manager first, then repeat the process for the nodes that do not have direct access.
- Under Fabric Components, select Systems.
- Select the system you want to add nodes to.
- On the Nodes tab, select next to Nodes.
- Select Auto Install: Perform the install of the tdqg-node package and the auto-generated configuration file across all nodes using SSH.
- Do one of the following to select the nodes on which to install the tdqg-node software:
Option Description Associated Viewpoint system
Hadoop systems only.
- Select a system from the list.
If the selected system is monitored by Viewpoint, the Nodes box is auto-populated with the names of the available nodes.
- Manually enter the IP addresses or host names of the nodes in QueryGrid.
Add one address/hostname per line.
- Select one of the following Cluster Option values:
Value Description PRIMARY Makes the current QueryGrid Manager cluster the primary cluster. If there is already an existing primary cluster, the current cluster becomes the primary and the existing one becomes a secondary cluster. EXCLUSIVE_PRIMARY Makes the current QueryGrid Manager cluster the primary cluster and only QueryGrid Manager cluster, removing any existing primary or secondary clusters. SECONDARY Adds the current cluster as a secondary QueryGrid Manager cluster, unless there is no primary cluster. If there is no primary cluster, the current cluster is added as the primary cluster.
- In the Install concurrency box, enter an integer to set the number of nodes that can install simultaneously.Valid values range from 1 to 100. The default value is 10.
- In the SSH user box, enter the name of the SSH user.The SSH user must be the root user or a user with the ability to use sudo or dzdo to run commands with root privileges.
- Under Authentication Mechanism, select the authentication mechanism you normally use to log on to the nodes when using SSH and enter the corresponding value:
- SSH Key
- Select Save.
- If proxy support is enabled, repeat the process for the nodes that do not have direct access.
- [Optional] You can select Abort in Node Installation Status.