Use auto install for nodes that have direct access before performing manual installations for the nodes that do not.
If proxy support is enabled, you must install the nodes that have connectivity to QueryGrid Manager first and then repeat the process for the nodes that do not have direct access.
- Under Fabric Components, select Systems.
- Select the system where you want to add nodes.
- On the Nodes tab, select next to Nodes.
- Select Manual Install: Download the auto-generated configuration file that needs to be saved on each node to complete the install.
- Select the number of days for the Access token to expire before the generated access token file expires.The access token is the number of days that registration with the system remains open. Any installs completed after that time are not added to the system. The default is 90 days.
- Select Generate File.A link to the configuration file appears.
- Select .
- Save the file to a location.
- Select Close.
- For each node in the system, install one of the following:
Operating System Package RPM tdqg-node-release.rpm Debian tdqg-node-release.deb
- For each node in the system, copy the generated configuration file to /etc/opt/teradata/tdqg/node/tdqg-node.json.If adding nodes without direct access, the nodes must be added one at a time.
- If proxy support is enabled, repeat the process for each of the nodes that do not have direct access.