This procedure creates a Cloudera Manager Extension, Custom Service Descriptor (CSD), that helps with installation of QueryGrid software on Cloudera Manager. This service is similar to other services, such as HDFS and HBase. For compatibility information on QueryGrid components, see the Teradata QueryGrid Compatibility Matrix.
The CSD is packaged as a jar file named TDQG_DEPLOYMENT.jar that is part of the node package tdqg-node-version.tar.gz.
- You have required privileges to copy the jar file to Cloudera Manager (CM) server.
- You have required privileges to restart the CM Server.
- The cURL tool is installed on all nodes where you intend to install QueryGrid.
- Add a system and download the tdqg-node.json token file that was generated by QueryGrid Manager to the Teradata QueryGrid service.For information about downloading tdqg-node.json, see Adding Nodes Manually.
- Install the Teradata QueryGrid service on Cloudera Manager
- Download the node package.For more information, see Downloading Required Packages.
- Unzip the package:tar -xvzf tdqg-node-version.tar.gz
The CSD jar is available in the path qgdeployment/cloudera named TDQG_DEPLOYMENT.jar.
- Copy the jar file to the CSD repository on the CM Server.The default path on the server is: /opt/cloudera/csd
- Change the CSD files ownership and permissions:chown cloudera-scm:cloudera-scm /opt/cloudera/csd/TDQG_DEPLOYMENT.jar
chmod 644 /opt/cloudera/csd/TDQG_DEPLOYMENT.jar
- Restart CM service cloudera-scm-server restart.After the CM server is restarted, QueryGrid is available as a service named Teradata QueryGrid.
- From the CM Web UI, select Add Service, then add the Teradata QueryGrid service.For more information about Add Service, see https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/cm_mc_add_service.html
- In the input parameter text, provide the complete text of the token file tdqg-node.jsonThe token file tdqg-node.json is in advanced qgconfig.
- Download the node package.
- Do one of the following:
Option Action Install QueryGrid on an existing node in the cluster
- In CM, go to the service Teradata QueryGrid.
- Select Add Role Instances.
- Select the node where the service is to be installed, then select Continue.
- If the JSON configuration is invalid or has expired, change the input parameter Full text of tdqg-node.json, then select Continue.
The service is added to the node.
- Select the new node, then select .
Install QueryGrid on a new node
While adding a new node with CM using Add Hosts wizard, select the service Teradata QueryGrid to install QueryGrid. This option is available when you select the host template.
- Create a host template with the Teradata QueryGrid service.
For more information, see https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/cm_mc_host_templates.html#cmug_topic_7_7_1
For more information, see https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/latest/topics/cm_mc_adding_hosts.html#cmug_topic_7_5_1__title_215
, then select the host template.