A dedicated bridge system contains a set of nodes that act as routers for data movement and can perform CPU-intensive operations such as compression or encryption. A dedicated bridge system does not contain data source nodes.
- Under Fabric Components, select Systems.
- Select next to Systems.
- Enter a name, up to 256 characters.
- Select the Bridge only system check box.
- Enter a description, up to 1,000 characters.
- From the Data center list, do one of the following:
- Select the data center where this system is located.
- If the data center where this system is located is not in the list, select to add the data center.
- From the Node software list, do one of the following:
- Select the version of the node software that runs on this system.
- If the version of the node software that runs on this system is not in the list, select to upload the software version file.
- Under Resource Allocation, to set the maximum amount of memory needed to support applicable concurrent queries, do one of the following:
Option Description Max memory per node
- In the box, add the maximum amount of memory needed.Depending on the available memory on the nodes, certain settings might need to be tuned (for example, FSG Cache) to make sure memory is available for QueryGrid.
Estimate Use the Estimate tool to help you estimate the amount of memory you need.
- Select Estimate.
- In Max query concurrency, enter the maximum number of QueryGrid queries expected to run concurrently for all connectors on the system.
- In Max link buffer size, do the following:
- Enter the size of the buffers for the communication channels.
- Select the unit of measurement.
Valid values range from 1 to 999. The default is 1 MB.
- In Max link buffer count, enter the maximum number of buffers that any link or connector is configured to use per communication channel.
Valid values range from 1 to 999. The default value is 4.
- In Max workers per node, enter the number of threads that participate in a query on a given node.
For example, enter the number of AMPs per node on the Teradata system. For more information, log on to https://support.teradata.com and search for KB0015212.
- Select Set Value.
The value that appears in the Max memory per node box is calculated from the values you entered in the tool.
- In the box, add the maximum amount of memory needed.
- Select Save.The dedicated bridge system is listed under Fabric Components, in Bridges, but you must add non-data-source nodes to it.