In some Teradata systems, fiber-channel connection (FICON) nodes are used as parsing engine-only (PE-only, as opposed to having AMP) nodes with no network connectivity. Although they do not have AMPs, FICON nodes still require access to a QueryGrid query or a query that references a view referencing a QueryGrid query. If the FICON nodes do not have network connectivity, they need to use the following features:
- The QueryGrid Manager proxy feature to access QueryGrid Manager
- The QueryGrid bridge feature to access remote systems
In this scenario, Hop 1 uses a BYNET network interface as the initiating and target network; Hop 2 uses the customer LAN network.
- From Edit System select the Enable Proxy connections to QGMs for nodes that do not have direct access checkbox.
- Select Connectivity through local nodes.Use the default port and network values.
- Add nodes in the following order:
- Add non-FICON nodes to the system, if not already added
- Add FICON nodes
- To route PE requests from the Teradata FICON node to a target system, do the following:
- Set up a QueryGrid link as a single bridge.
- Make sure the bridge includes all the TPA nodes that have connectivity to all target nodes.