Viewpoint provides a user interface to configure and monitor QueryGrid. When adding QueryGrid to Viewpoint, only one QueryGrid Manager in a cluster needs to be specified. Viewpoint automatically discovers and performs failover to the other QueryGrid Managers in the cluster, if the host manager goes offline. Teradata recommends entering the QueryGrid Manager host that is geographically the closest to the active Viewpoint server.
- From the Viewpoint portal page, select .
- Open the Monitored Systems portlet.
- Select next to Systems and select Add QueryGrid.
- Under General System Details, enter a system nickname, up to 8 characters.
- Select the Enable system check box.After it is enabled, the system starts collecting data.
- Enter the host ID of the Teradata QueryGrid Manager closest to the Viewpoint server.The host ID is the IP address of Teradata QueryGrid.
- Under Login, do the following:
- In Name, type viewpoint.
- In Password, type teradata. When using AWS, the password is the Instance ID of Manager VM. For other public cloud platforms, the password must be reset. Refer to the cloud-specific guide for more details:
Teradata® Software for AWS Installation and Administration Guide, B035-2800
Teradata Vantage™ on Azure (DIY) Installation and Administration Guide, B035-2810
- [Optional] Click Test to verify that the login settings are correct.If the operation is successful, appears. If the operation fails, appears. If you receive an error, verify that the login credentials are valid and the host can be reached.
- [Optional] Under Collectors, select the check box to activate QueryGrid data collectors for data collection.The data collectors can be enabled and configured individually in Data Collectors.
- Select Apply.If the operation is successful, appears. If the operation fails, appears. If you receive an error, verify that the settings are correct and try again.