When you add a connector to a fabric, QueryGrid performs the following tasks on the initiating node where Presto (presto-admin) is installed:
- Creates the directories required for completing the installation.
- Installs the Presto connector package. The Presto connector package includes a loader-factory JAR file.
Use the following procedure to complete the installation and configuration of the Presto connector on systems with Viewpoint 16.20. During the procedure, you must provide SSH credentials.
The SSH credentials are not stored in the QueryGrid portlet and are used only to complete the installation and configuration of the Presto connector.
The procedure includes the following:
- Running an installation script that uses presto-admin to unpack and distribute the JAR files to the worker nodesAfter the JAR files are successfully installed, Presto restarts.
- Verifying the installation
- Make sure the connector package has been downloaded from Teradata's software download site and uploaded to the QueryGrid portlet, and that the connector has been added to the fabric.
- Under Fabric Configuration, select Fabrics.
- Click the fabric containing the initiating node where Presto (presto-admin) is installed.
- Select Connectors tab.
- Click next to the Presto initiating connector for the initiating node and select Install.
From Connector Installation, select one of the following:
- In the Select driver node list, select the driver node you want to use to run the installation script.
To allow the installation script to run, provide the following information:
Option Description Host: Type the host name of the master node where Presto is installed (the initiator master node where you want to install the JAR files).Do not use the IP address. SSH User: Type root. Password Type the password for the root user. Presto Admin Location Type the name of the directory where Presto (presto-admin) is installed on the Master Node. The default installation directory is:
Presto Install Location Type the name of the directory to install the JAR files. The default is:
- Click Run.
Verify successful installation by checking that the driver node specified in the Select driver node list is represented in the Success field.
If the installation is successful, the JAR files are distributed to the worker nodes. When installation is complete, Presto restarts.If an error halts the installation, Presto does not restart.
[Optional] Log on as an Administrator on the worker nodes and verify that the loader-factory-version.jar file is installed to applicable directories:
tdh234m1:~ # ls /usr/lib/presto/lib/plugin/qgplugin/loader-factory-version.jar