Viewpoint provides a user interface to configure and monitor QueryGrid. When adding QueryGrid to Viewpoint, only one QueryGrid Manager from a QueryGrid Manager cluster needs to be specified. Viewpoint automatically discovers and performs failover to the other QueryGrid Managers in the cluster, if the host manager goes offline. Teradata recommends to enter the QueryGrid Manager host that is geographically the closest to the active Viewpoint server.
- From the Teradata Viewpoint portal page, click .
- Open the Monitored Systems portlet.
- Click next to Systems and select Add QueryGrid.
- Under General System Details, enter a system nickname, up to 8 characters.
- [Optional] Select the Enable system check box. After it is enabled, the system starts collecting data.
- Enter the host ID of the Teradata QueryGrid Manager closest to the Viewpoint server. The host ID is the IP address of Teradata QueryGrid.
Under Login, do the following:
- In Name, type viewpoint.
- In Password, type teradata.
- [Optional] Click Test to verify that the login settings are correct. If the operation is successful, appears. If the operation fails, appears. If you receive an error, verify that the login credentials are valid and the host can be reached.
- [Optional] Under Collectors, select the check box to activate QueryGrid data collectors so they can collect data. The data collectors can be enabled and configured individually in Data Collectors.
- Click Apply. If the operation is successful, appears. If the operation fails, appears. If you receive an error, verify that the settings are correct and try again.