- Download the Teradata ODBC driver for Linux from Teradata Access Portal.
There are two separate ODBC driver files on the Teradata ODBC Driver for Linux download page: one specific for Ubuntu, and one for other types of Linux.
- Go to https://support.teradata.com.
- Log in.
- Download the Teradata ODBC driver for Linux from the DOWNLOADS page.
If you are using non-debian based Linux, make sure you download the ODBC Driver for Linux.Teradata recommends to use the ODBC version that matches the version of the database you connect to.
- Extract the downloaded file using the command:
tar -xvzf downloaded_file
- Run the script file setup_wrapper.sh in the extracted sub-folder tdodbc1620 to install the driver.