Before running a query, you can redirect the Answerset.
- Select .
- Enter a statement in the Query window.
- Execute the query by clicking .
- In the Export File dialog, enter a file name.
From the Save As Type menu, select a file type.
- If you select a Microsoft Access database table (.mdb), the query must consist of a single statement that returns only one Answerset. If the database or table does not exist, one is created for you.
- If you select a delimited text file (.txt), the query can return multiple Answersets. If the specified file already exists, you are prompted to replace or append to the file.
- If you select an HTML file (.htm), the query exports the results into an .htm format that can be viewed as a web page.
When the export operation is complete, a confirmation message appears in the Export Bar immediately below the toolbars.
The delimiter and quotes used for exporting to a delimited text file can be set in the Export tab in the Options dialog box. To set the quotes or the delimiter, see Setting Export/Import Options.
The export option remains in effect until you click the Export option again to cancel it.