The ANSI file is used whenis selected and you are connected to Teradata Database. The Base and ANSI2008 files are used when you are connected to a non-Teradata Database.
These lists are defined in files named TeradataXX.mbr, BaseXX.mbr, and so on. Where XX is AF for aggregate functions, NF for regular functions, TF for table functions, or TO for table operators. The .mbr files are located in \Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Teradata\SQL Assistant.
If you regularly work with another database such as Oracle, you can create your own lists specifically for use with that database type (for example, OracleNF.mbr and OracleAF.mbr).
- name is the text that appears in the drop-down list.
- help is an optional string that appears in a tooltip when the list item is selected.
- hasParen is an optional attribute that should be set to “false” if no parens are required.
- db is an optional attribute that can be specified to add a database prefix to the name.
- ~ Must immediately precede the function name
- ! Must immediately follow the function name
- @ Is used to insert a line break for the Quick-Info tool tip text
- @@ Can be used after the final close paren at the end of the parameter list. This is intended for complex functions with many parameters. It will activate the functionality to insert the parameter template into the Query when you double click the function name.