After establishing a connection to a data source (see Connecting to and Disconnecting from a Data Source), Teradata SQL Assistant is ready to execute queries. Queries can be entered before a connection is established.
Do one of the following:
The Execute command submits the query currently in the Query window to the database. Each statement in the query is submitted separately to the database. By default, queries are submitted asynchronously and can be aborted while they are executing.
- Click within the Query window and enter a statement.
- Click , and enter a statement in the new Query tab.
- Select Query tab. and enter a statement in the new
- Press Ctrl+N and enter a statement in the new Query tab.
- From the History window, click on a statement in the SQL statement column.