- Display the SMWeb home page.
- Click Command-Line Interface for Linux Clients.
- When prompted, click Save to save the zip file to your local system.
- Navigate to /opt/teradata/sm, and click Save.
- Create the directory if it does not exist.
- In a shell window, navigate to the saved zip file.
- Extract the zip file using the -a option: unzip -a filename.zip. The Unzip program creates a new subdirectory called linuxCLIs. It then extracts the files into that directory.
- In the linuxCLIs directory, run chmod +x * to make the files executable.
- In the linuxCLIs directory, run ./setup.
When prompted, do the following:
- Enter your login for SMClient.
- Enter your password for SMClient.
Enter a pass phrase to encrypt the password file.
Tip: The pass phrase must be at least six characters in length.
When the prompt returns, open a new session and run setup -test to test the connection.
An error will occur if you do not open a new session in Linux.