Use the Alert Setup and Server Management portlets to send an SNMP trap notification when alerts with certain criteria are triggered.
The following is an overview of the process:
- In SMWeb, configure the system to forward alerts to the Teradata Viewpoint server.
- Configure the delivery settings in the Alert Setup portlet.
- Create an action set in the Alert Setup portlet.
- Define alert rules in the Server Management portlet.
- Monitor the notifications that arrive at the SNMP management servers.